Updated: Nov 14, 2022
VIZCOM is seeking a project manager for tradeshows and exhibits
Job Details: Project Manager Tradeshows & Exhibits Position Summary: The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for directing exhibit projects from receipt of estimates through final production while ensuring projects are completed on time according to quality standards, and budget, and meeting all client requirements. The individual in this position must be able to manage all facets of a project while simultaneously governing its resources, timing, costs, purchasing, and provisions. The PM develops and manages a comprehensive event project plan forecasting the scope of each custom assignment to anticipate issues and devise contingencies.
Additionally, the PM must supervise the resources assigned to the project, such as outside designers, labor providers, and subcontractors. Computer competence is required for data entry, sending, and receiving emails, and internet research. The Project Manager must have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft programs: Outlook, Excel, and Word along with a familiarity with design programs (Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign). Above all, the PM must provide responsive and reliable customer service.
• Review prospective projects and estimates with account executives prior to proposal submission to determine feasibility.
• Leading pre-construction/production meetings to verify expectations
• Generating appropriate work orders & purchase orders
• Maintaining all digital/paper files and logs on all billing information, including drawings files
• Updating and managing client assets on Exhibit Force and the client portal
• Arranging for outside vendors needed to complete projects.
• Organizing shipping and storage pertaining to projects.
• Completing forms and coordinating all aspects of show services.
• Processing & tracking mock-ups, prototypes, templates, and proofs (hard copy & digital).
• Communicating schedule conflicts with the appropriate parties.
• Maintaining knowledge of the market for new materials, suppliers, and techniques.
• Coordinating with show site installation and dismantling labor teams.
• Organizing the receipt and inspection of exhibit assets for accuracy and damage.
• Maintaining documentation and records to support the projected cost of the project.
• Billing, credit card reconciliation, processing vendor credit information.
• 3+ years of related experience and/or professional training & education.
• Proven track record of organization and detailed management.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Able to work with firm deadlines.
• Excellent leadership and customer service skills.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position with an after-hours obligation to service multiple time zones. Overtime is a frequent condition of employment; no travel is required.
Qualified candidates send credentials here: firstname.lastname@example.org