Updated: Sep 15, 2022
JOB DETAILS Logistics Operation Manager (Tradeshow Freight) - Phoenix Office
SUMMARY: Oversees the transportation order process. This includes order processing, rate quotation, routing of freight, load tendering, schedule delivery appointments, shipment tracking to Proof of Delivery stage, customer service and problem resolution. Includes all modes of transportation within Olympic; Truckload, LTL/Partials, Expedited & International shipments. Provides the best level of customer service possible, ensuring the client’s expectations are exceeded on every shipment. Accepts responsibility for every member of their team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages, coaches, develops, and trains customer service team members.
• Ensures team members are adhering to company policies and company goals (including but not limited to gross profit goals)
• Ensures daily tasks assigned to team members are completed. Examples include, morning emails, daily billing, formal quotes, updates to customer profiles, daily shipment updates, I&D contact emails, etc
• Responsible for managing assigned customer accounts.
• Manages the claims process by filing claims as needed, and ensuring the customer is taken care of every step of the way.
• Responsible for coordination and successful delivery of each and every shipment. Confirms complete notes & contact information is available for every shipment, and that all team members have access to it.
• Delegates tasks to team members.
• Recommends process improvements.
• Identifies opportunities for growth, or new business; asking existing customers the following questions: What can Olympic do to better serve you? Is there someone else you know of that could use our services? What is your best carrier doing for you that no other carrier is doing?
• Maintains and nurtures existing client relationships.
• Responds to all inquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner.
• Functions as liaison between client companies and operations staff.
• Understands and communicates information regarding company products, services, and policies and procedures to new and existing clients.
• Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of Tradeshow Logistics & I&D Services.
• Assists executive team with creating monthly sales forecast.
• Provides timely and accurate reports as required.
• Facilitates and participates in meetings as required by management.
• Maintain a friendly, confident, and positive demeanor.
• Travel on behalf of the company as needed.
• Responsible for assigning “On Call” duties on rotation for team members and ensuring that the operations of the business are functional 24/7.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or equivalent, two to five years of experience in customer service, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the transportation industry is a plus.
• Able to perform and train on all the job functions related to a customer service associate (see separate job description).
• Management experience is preferred, or related training will be required.
• Must be a self-starter and proactive.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
• Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization.
• Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as sales rates, and gross profit percentages for client profiles.
• Excellent negotiating and problem resolution skills.
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (mainly Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Qualified Candidates apply here: firstname.lastname@example.org