The Operations Manager is part of the LVE Operations Team and will handle all aspects of tradeshow decorating operations on assigned Tradeshows and Special Events. Pipe & Drape, Carpet, Furniture, and System Builds are typical on LVE shows and events. Detailed planning and execution will ensure company success while providing the highest level of customer service to Show Management, Exhibitors, 3rd party vendors, and union workforce.
· Operations Manager is the face of the company while on show site and is responsible for portraying a positive image to all stakeholders.
· Provides show-site leadership and supervision to all assigned projects. High visibility and interaction are key to position success.
· Coordination with Convention Centers, Hotel, etc. Attends all pre show meetings and assists Account Managers with move in/out knowledge in Pre Cons, and planning meetings.
· Attends and offers insights at weekly production meetings.
· Supervision of casual freight workers on show-site.
· Works with GF to secure qualified labor.
· Focuses on day to day operational efficiencies and procedures (Office and Show Site).
· Planning for shows: Labor Budgets, Equipment Ordering, Production Schedules, etc.
· Ensure compliance and enforcement with all union CBA’s. Understand work rules and apply them to job costing.
· Ensure all operational reporting is completed following company procedures such as: Freight Receivers, Driver Logs, Incident Work Place Injury Forms, and all OSHA/DOT requirements.
· Ensure that all Facility/Show/GSC rules and regulations are followed. Verifies Forklift Certifications and ensure all workers are properly displaying Union or ESCA badges.
· Ensure all vendor activities are coordinated to ensure operational efficiency.
· Manage labor to budget estimates and communicate when outside the estimate.
· Conduct daily safety “talks”.
· Check in daily with AM/Sales to share show progress information.
· Ensure all payroll reporting is accurately completed and transmitted to Accounting daily.
· Demonstrate the ability to work on multiple projects, meet deadlines and hold strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
· Operate in a continuous improvement mentality. Strive for increased productivity, enhanced customer service, and overall project success.
· Be willing and able to calmly shift priorities under pressure as necessary.
· Respond to all emails or messages in an appropriate timeframe.
· Research and Respond to all customer inquires or complaints regarding Operations personnel.
· Performs additional tasks as assigned by VP Operations.
· Consistently act in a professional manner. Honor the organizations values of Integrity, Leadership, Quality, Collaboration, and Service Excellence. Ensure that your day-to-today decisions reflect the values and mission statement of Las Vegas Expo.
· Lead by example demonstrating a strong work ethic and support of company policies, procedures, and directives.
· Computer knowledge is essential and solid working abilities of Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Knowledge and Experience of Tradeshow Freight/Operations Functions is a must.
· Comfortable managing within a Union environment.
· Must be able to focus on attention to detail while performing multiple tasks
· Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
· Must have excellent problem-solving skills
· Expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production show goals.
· Travel as needed.
LVE offers a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD,401(k), Flexible Time Off, and Holiday pay as well as competitive salaries.
Full-Time hours are available to start immediately with a competitive salary (based on experience) and full coverage benefits.
Candidates interested in being a part of the LVE-It Team can contact us and apply at:
You may also reply by email to Jobs@lvexpo.com with your work experience/contact information or by phone at 702-248-6200